19 Mar Create the Perfect Home Office with the Help of a Kamloops Storage Unit
Our Kamloops storage facility is ideal for those that need to gain a little more space in their home so they can create the perfect home office. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, more people are working from home than ever before. Consider that in 2008, 11% of employees worked from home. Since April 2020, about 40% of Canadians work from home.
According to Bloomberg Canada, the work-from-home trend is likely to stay (in some form) once the pandemic is over, so now might be good time to rethink where and how you’re working in your home. If you’re currently working from the kitchen table, living room couch, or other makeshift workspace, you may want to consider a more permanent, functional and comfortable home office setup. Utilizing a storage unit can help make your perfect home office a reality!
Where to Create a Permanent Home Office
If you live in a house, you’ll probably have more options for your home office location:
- A spare room
- Master bedroom
In many cases, you’ll have to create room in these spaces, because typically, they get used to store things you don’t need access to all the time but want close by. By moving these items to our Kamloops storage facility, you’ll create the space you need, while keeping your stored items fairly close by.
In an apartment, you may have little choice but a multi-functional space, particularly if you don’t have a spare room. Candidates for your apartment office space, include:
- A spare room or den (if you have one)
- Master bedroom
- Living room
If you choose to have your office in the living room or kitchen, the idea is to make the space permanent, functional, and comfortable. See “27 Ways to Create a Stylish Small Home Office” for inspiration.
Home Office Furnishing Ideas
Below are some furnishings and products that can help you create a home office in a smaller space.
- Wall-mounted fold-down kitchen table. Fold-down tables take up no floor space when not in use.
- Wall-mounted fold-down desk. Wall-mounted fold-down desks are ingeniously designed so that the desk surface folds up to become the front of a shallow shelving unit. When folded up, they take up no floor space and are unobtrusive.
- Standing desk (purchased or DIY). A standing desk is a healthy choice, though there is an adjustment period.
- Convert any table to a standing desk. You don’t have to buy a fancy or large standing desk. You can convert virtually any desk or counter to a standing desk.
- Height-adjustable laptop stands
- Bar-height counter and bar stools
- Office in a closet
Need Storage in Kamloops? Valleyview Mini Storage Has 45+ Storage Unit Sizes
If you’re working from a home office and would like guidance on choosing a storage unit, the helpful staff at Valleyview Mini Storage can help you select the right size. With over 45 different storage unit sizes, you’ll have no problem finding storage that suits your needs. Our Kamloops storage facility features state-of-the-art security, climate-control, and convenient hours. You can access your storage unit from 7am to 7pm, seven days a week.