03 Feb Packing Tips for Moving your Items into Storage
There are many reasons to move your items into short term storage. Perhaps you are going on a sabbatical, house hunting for a new home or a snow bird heading south for the winter. No matter what your reason, taking care when packing your belongings will ensure they are kept safe and sound for when you need them.
Here is a quick list of packing tips from Valleyview Mini Storage. Remember if you have any questions regarding self storage in Kamloops don’t hesitate to give us a call.
- Don’t leave things to the last minute. Keep the stress to a minimum by starting your packing a couple weeks in advance.
- For furnishing with drawers, secure them shut with packing tape or other means.
- Use heavy duty packing tape on all your moving boxes to make sure bottoms and tops are securely closed.
- Use large boxes for light weight storage and small boxes for heavier items.
- Separate and mark clearly fragile items and heavy items with a list of the contents for easy search and find.
- Use moving boxes with uniform, square dimensions for easier stacking in your storage unit.
- For large furniture such as headboards or wardrobes, make sure the edges are protectively wrapped to avoid nicks and scratches.
- Use an empty garbage bin to store long handled brooms, garden tools etc.
- Wrap fragile mirrors and art in cardboard, tissue paper or packing paper to keep them safe from damage.