17 Aug A Commercial Storage Unit for Your Kamloops Retail Business is Much Cheaper than Additional Store Square Footage
A retail storage unit can be an invaluable addition to a Kamloops retailer’s operation – especially if you run a small retail store. It doesn’t take long to fill up all available storage space with products awaiting their turn on the retail floor.
If your store is running out of storage space, there are many reasons to consider leasing a climate-controlled storage unit in Kamloops. The most compelling reason is that a storage unit costs much less than additional retail square footage. There are many other benefits, too.
Other Important Benefits of Leasing a Storage Unit
Following are other benefits of having a commercial storage unit for your Kamloops retail business.
- Free up space in your in-store storage spaces
- Seasonal items don’t take up space all year long
- Sale items and old stock can be kept in a storage unit until needed, reducing clutter
- Returns or unsold items that you intend to ship back to the manufacturer don’t take up space
- Administrative, or “back office” areas don’t become temporary storage areas
- Unused or seldom-used back office furnishings and equipment can be stored out of the way
- Your store becomes more organized and efficient and it’s easier to find things
- You won’t outgrow your retail space too quickly
- Space freed up in the back office can be used for administration or a small office
- You save money because you won’t have to lease a larger space
- You save moving costs, downtime and the hassle of moving to a larger space
- Small and medium size storage units costs are reasonably priced and may be all you need
- Products kept in a storage unit are secure and safe from heat, cold, and moisture
Valleyview Mini Storage is the most trusted name in Kamloops storage unit rentals. Our clients love our convenient location, security features, climate-controlled environment, and our 7am to 7pm, seven day per week storage access hours.
What Do Kamloops Retailers Keep in Storage Units?
You can store virtually any retail product provided it’s not flammable, combustible, and can be moved via freight elevator.
As long as products are packed safely, our storage units are safe for:
- Arts, crafts and hobby supplies
- Beauty salon supplies and furnishings
- Cookware and kitchen supplies
- Books and documents
- Camping equipment and outdoor equipment
- Clothing and textiles
- Computers and electronics
- Gardening tools and supplies
- Home furnishings
- Mattresses, bed frames and pillows
- Musical instruments
- Outdoor apparel
- Shoes, boots and other footwear
- Sporting goods and fitness equipment
- Tools and hardware
You may notice that invaluable items such as jewelry and coin collections aren’t listed above. While you can store valuables, we recommend not storing items that are irreplaceable. Even if you have insurance, some valuables such as jewelry, fine art, coin and stamp collections can’t be replaced…at any price! We recommend that our client purchase insurance. While our building is insured in case of theft, fire and flood, it doesn’t cover items you store. Check your retail store’s insurance policy because it may cover products stored off site.
Need a Retail Storage Unit in Kamloops? View Sizes and Get a Free Estimate
If you need a commercial storage unit in Kamloops, Valleyview Mini Storage has 45+ sizes available. Regardless of square footage, all units are 9’ high. If you have questions or would like a free estimate, please contact us.