19 May Business Spring Cleaning – Our Kamloops Commercial Storage Units Make It Easy
If you’re considering a little spring cleaning for your business, use our handy cleaning and decluttering checklist below and make our Kamloops commercial storage facility your last stop on spring cleaning day.
Over time, businesses accumulate a lot of “stuff” – from boxes of old paperwork, to used computer and electronics equipment, to old office furnishings. If you’ve been putting off cleaning and decluttering, you are not alone. The problem for most people is getting started. That’s where our checklist will help.
Things Your Kamloops Business Needs to Tackle Spring Cleaning and Decluttering
- Boxes – We recommend using new boxes rather than old grocery store boxes. Gathered grocery store boxes are often weak, musty and damp, which can result in contents becoming mold damaged.
- Packing supplies such as tape, bubble wrap and packing paper.
- Labels or a felt pen.
- A business storage unit – Valleyview Mini Storage has many sizes of commercial storage units
- An easy-to-follow checklist (see below).
Visit Valleyview Mini Storage for a great selection of boxes and packing supplies in our office.
Business Decluttering Checklist
Before spring cleaning your business, we recommend making a 4-column list of items that will either be given away, recycled, thrown out, or moved to your business storage unit in Kamloops.
|Move to Storage
|Unused office chairs
|Outdated computers and electronics
|Any old items that can’t be given away, recycled
|Unused office chairs you want to keep
|Used but working computer equipment
|Unused desks you want to keep
|Documents no longer required for taxes or client
|Old books, magazines and manuals
|Outdated phone books
|Tradeshow booths and event materials
|Trade and event signs
|Boxes of documents and other paper archives
|Office party decorations
Deciding Where to Put Business Items on the List
Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to help decide what to do with your business’s belongings when spring cleaning.
- Is the item used infrequently?
If you haven’t used the item for a year or more, it’s a candidate for one of the columns above.
- Is the item seldom used, taking up space but will your business need it in the future?
If you answer “Yes” it belongs in the business storage
- Is the item old, outdated, worn out or broken and longer in use?
If it can’t be recycled or given away, throw it out.
- If the item has sentimental value, move it to storage.
Resources to Help Your Business Organize Items for Storage
- “Business Document Storage Tips“.
Learn why our storage units are a great choice for Kamloops business storage. Get tips for organizing and packing documents.
- “Secure Document Storage – Why Your Kamloops Business Needs It“.
If you are still storing commercial documents in your office or in-office storage, you may be risking data theft – not to mention taking up valuable space. Learn how to safeguard your documents by using secure Kamloops business storage.
- “Is Your Kamloops Business Moving?”
Have Questions about our Kamloops Commercial Storage?
If you have questions about our business storage, contact us. Our Kamloops storage experts are always happy to help.